Teacher Spotlight: Ramon Alonso
Ramon Alonso 4th Grade Teacher
1. How long have you been teaching?
I have been an educator for over 20 years!
2. What inspired you to pursue a career in education?
My grandmother was a teacher, and she inspired me to become a teacher as well.
3. What is your favorite thing about teaching or your biggest success story?
I love it when students return to visit and share their favorite memories from 4th grade.
4. What challenges do you face in the classroom?
Time management is a big challenge. Also, teachers wear many hats, so it's a challenge to juggle all the responsibilities while still trying to keep things light and airy, and FUN for the kids!
5. How do Gallopade products or Gallopade Curriculum help you in the classroom?
We are fortunate enough to have class sets of The Mystery of Blackbeard the Pirate and The Mystery of Biltmore House. I LOVE using those books as part of my figurative language unit of study. Mrs. Marsh does such an excellent job of using imagery and descriptive language in her books, and it is exciting to see the kids recognize and pick up on the examples of figurative language and make those connections.
6. What is something that every student should know about teachers?
Teachers are not perfect, well...almost!
7. What advice would you impart to a new teacher or someone who wants to become a teacher?
Have fun, don't stress out over the small stuff, and learn to go with the flow.
8. What do you love to do when you're not teaching?
I love to travel, try new restaurants, and have time to relax with friends and family.
Do you know an educator who goes above and beyond the call of duty to inspire their students? Nominate them for Teacher of the Month!