Fort Valley Middle School
6th – 8th Grade Social Studies/Social Science Teacher
1. How long have you been teaching?
2. What inspired you to pursue a career in education?
The opportunity to make a difference in the lives of students and their families.
3. What is your favorite thing about teaching or your biggest success story?
My favorite thing about teaching is when my students "GET IT." Seeing the light come on is life-changing.
4. What challenges do you face in the classroom?
The challenges I face in my classroom cause me to dig much deeper. Differentiation helps me make connections with my students and the standards.
5. How do Gallopade products or Gallopade Curriculum help you in the classroom?
I definitely use Gallopade. This resource helps my students greatly. It is used as a check and balance when teaching, as well as confirming what they have learned.
6. What is something that every student should know about teachers?
Teachers want them to learn and enjoy themselves while doing it. We are here to support the learning process at all costs.
7. What advice would you impart to a new teacher or someone who wants to become a teacher?
Teaching is definitely life-changing to all involved. It is rewarding and defines your purpose in life! I absolutely love being a teacher.
8. What do you love to do when you're not teaching?
I love singing and traveling!
Do you know an educator who goes above and beyond the call of duty to inspire their students? Nominate them to be our next Teacher Spotlight!